Turn Your Passion Into a Career
Political leaders and ordinary citizens need reliable policy research, training in methodologies and technologies, and opportunities for public discussion on issues of concern to America’s cities. As an internationally known research university, Washington University in St. Louis recognizes its responsibility to make substantial contributions to these efforts. The Center on Urban Research & Public Policy promises to fulfill this responsibility by becoming a national resource for education, research and public discussion on issues confronting America’s cities. While we are dedicated to the conduct of social science research in metropolitan America, we understand the social, economic and political nexus between ourselves and other cities of the world. The opportunity for joint regional, national and international collaboration with colleges and universities, as well as other intellectual partnerships, investigating these and other urban related issues, will clearly advance research and knowledge on pressing urban issues in powerful ways.
- contribute to the national dialogue about the challenges and successes of our nation’s urban policies and programs
- advance research and curriculum on pressing urban issues, regionally, nationally and internationally
- prepare, educate and train students to play a greater role in improving our cities
- promote the education and participation of urban residents in policy determination at local, state and national levels
- provide public officials and community leaders with new tools for management and policy analysis on issues that confront America’s cities